Know the Facts
How to Size Up a Roofing Contractor
- A roof comprises two or more layers of materials and is never premade or premanufactured. Rather, each roofing layer is painstakingly laid by hand in a series of detailed, technical steps. These layers must accommodate the contours of the roof and the environment around the structure. A successful installation begins and ends with the services of a professional roofing contractor.
- Manufacturers of roofing materials routinely develop new products that perform better than their predecessors and have specific, strict installation guidelines. Make sure the roofing contractor you are considering not only is able to offer you a choice of the latest roofing products but also has experience in the installation of similar roofing systems.
- Roof flashings are vital for all roof systems. Most early roof failures result from incorrectly installed flashings. A quality-concious roofing contractor will insist that there are no short-cuts to properly flashing your roof.
- The skills and experience of the roofing crew are critical to a quality job. Ask the roofing company about its employee recruitment and screening practices and about what training its employees undergo.
- A roofing company should exhibit integrity in every product it represents, sells and manufactures. If the company has faith in its products and materials, it will stand behind them.
- Look for performance, not just sunshine. Sometimes bad weather--rain, heat, moisture, wind--will jeopardize a job. If the conditions are questionable, a reputable roofing contractor will reschedule to work to avoid an unsatisfactory consequence. Before commiting to roofing contractor, ask what if….
- Neatness counts. Undeniably, roofing is a messy job. But professional preparation, such as tarping bushes and protecting building exteriors, is essential. So is clean-up. Make sure the roofing company you contract with makes the commitment in writing.
- Don't buy what you don't need. An ethical roofing contractor won't try to sell you a new roof when all you need is a patch repair. When in doubt, get opinions from several reputable contractors.
- A reliable contractor offers not just an excellent product but service and information. A company that truly respects a customer, makes itself acessible and responsive to customers' questions and concerns.
- When a customer requests financial assistance for a needed service, a reputable roofing contractor should be able to suggest or offer a variety of payment options with favorable terms.
Here yesterday. Here today. Here tomorrow.
We hope you choose Acme Roofing for your next roofing project.
- "I followed Craig from his previous employer. As always, he was fantastic. He provides exemplary customer service and has given me great referrals for other home maintenance needs, eg. painting, heating. He's always a pleasure to work with "
- Ellen E.
- San Francisco
1400 Wallace Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94124 © Acme Roofing Company 2017