- "Jess , thanks! Great work. Pictures were very helpful. "
- Julia O'D.
- San Francisco
Green & Cool Roofs
- What is a Green Roof?
- Also known as “living roofs,” green roofs serve several purposes for a building, such as absorbing rainwater, providing insulation, creating a habitat for wildlife, and helping to lower urban air temperatures and combat the heat island effect. There are two types of green roofs: intensive roofs, which are thicker and can support a wider variety of plants but are heavier and require more maintenance, and extensive roofs, which are covered in a light layer of vegetation and are lighter than an intensive green roof.
- The term green roof may also be used to indicate roofs that use some form of "green" technology, such as a cool roof, a roof with solar thermal collectors or photovoltaic modules. Green roofs are also referred to as eco-roofs, oikosteges, vegetated roofs, living roofs, and greenroofs.
- What is a Cool Roof?
- Cool roofs are highly reflective and emissive materials that stay 50 to 60 degrees F cooler in the summer sun, thereby reducing energy costs, improving occupant comfort, cutting maintenance costs, increasing the life cycle of the roof, and contributing to the reduction of urban heat islands and associated smog.
It's not just a roof over your head!
We hope you choose Acme Roofing for your next roofing project.
- "I followed Craig from his previous employer. As always, he was fantastic. He provides exemplary customer service and has given me great referrals for other home maintenance needs, e.g. painting, heating. He's always a pleasure to work with. "
- Ellen E.
- San Francisco
1400 Wallace Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94124 © Acme Roofing Company 2018